Monday, April 30, 2012

Introducing: Amelia Kate Cirac


JP Hand Straight sample
Last Sunday,our little girl Amelia Kate decided to join our family. We are absolutely in love. I never knew I could love someone so intensely and quickly, and so much.
I went into labor at 6 pm on Saturday evening, and for 12 hours straight my contractions were only 7 minutes apart. After what seemed like an unbearable eternity, I finally woke Chris up at 6 am, and told him that we needed to go to the hospital even though they probably wouldn't admit us, because my contractions weren't close enough together. I had planned to have a natural birth, but on the way to the hospital, my contractions became more intense and after 12 hours of labor, I was starting to change my mind. When I got into the labor and delivery room, some of the nice nurses asked how I was doing, I instantly started crying like the way you do when you are dealing with something painfully upsetting, and you walk in the door and your mom asks you what's wrong in a soothing voice.
 They checked to see how far I was dilated and despite how far apart my contractions were, I was at a 6. At this point my contractions were starting to last for 3 to 5 minutes, to compensate for how far apart they were. When they asked me if I was going natural or medicated I started crying again and said "I don't know anymore!". I eventually decided to get the epidural, and I'm glad I did considering I had 9 more hours to go.
I had a HUGE fear of getting an epidural. In the first place, I don't like people messing with my spine, and I am paranoid about getting paralyzed. Luckily I can still walk, and it didn't hurt a bit. The rest of the labor was heaven, minus the pushing at the end.I'm still an advocate for natural birth, and am going to try it with my next little babe, hopefully it will be a much shorter birth. 
Amelia had a few complications, namely, and tight cord around her neck, which caused her to swallow a bunch of meconium fluid and she needed help breathing for a few days. I remember being in the room getting all stitched up, and having her whisked away, Chris going with her of course, and asking over and over again if she was going to be ok- but the nurses never gave me a for sure answer. Loving this little girl so much is almost painful at times, knowing how devastated I would be if anything ever happened to her. Luckily, after 2 days all was well, and now she is a beautiful, healthy little girl. 
 Being a Mom is the most difficult, yet rewarding job in the world- and I'm only a week into it! Sometimes I go into a moment of thought when I look at her and think about all the things that could happen to her and  all the threats there are on this planet, but then I remember that she survived 9 months in my tummy, and made it into the world ok- That in itself is a miracle, and hopefully the miracles keep coming.

Also: Chris is the best dad ever and Amelia absolutely adores him.





Amelia scratching her face with her long nails (sigh). we gotta file those things.




A tired but very happy mama! Holy cow, I'm a  MOM!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh I love it! Amelia is adorable! And I love her name! Thanks for sharing! Let me know if you ever need anything :) I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Steph! Welcome to motherhood :) what a sweet post! Congrats to you! Baby Amelia is beautiful and you look beautiful! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what is that pretty pink on your lips???? I love it!

    ReplyDelete