Wednesday, February 15, 2012

JP Hand Straight sample
This year was a Valentine's to end all Valentine's.
Chris and I went to the temple in the morning, just the two of us and were finally sealed. I don't think there is anything that could have topped that, needless to say that all on its own made it the best Valentine's day ever.
We spent a little bit of time together afterward, and then I told Chris to scamper off to work for a few hours so I could get a "few things" done. Our usual Valentine tradition is to stay in a lodge somewhere and go skiing, but under the current conditions it wasn't really an option this year. (I can't even balance on one foot in yoga anymore with this pregnant tummy). It was so much fun to celebrate V-day at home! I hung a few hearts, and whipped up some angel food cake, collaged a card, assembled a basket of some of his favorite things, and felt like I should have been wearing a polka dot apron or something.
Chris picked me up at 7 for dinner at Black Sheep Cafe. It's like Navaho food but gourmet style, and it's incredible. They just opened, so check it out. Not so incredible: bringing the wrong card. Ya that was embarrassing. Thank you technology for giving us online bank access through phones.
After dinner we made a visit to Grandma Mauree's house and dropped off v-day cookies and flowers, and then finally HOME. I love being at home. I especially love being home when I get to sit on my bed, under a heart mobile with my valentine.
I Love being married. 
and I Love v-day, even if it is just an economic ploy to make us spend a fortune on flowers and chocolate each year.    












YES. These are the dollar candles that you can get at Smith's in the latino section.
I like them- don't judge. 



6 comments:

  1. This was a sweet post!!!!!! Sounds like a very special valentines day for sure!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so incredibly happy for you both! What a perfect Valentine's Day. You two are so sweet and I'm so glad you have each other. Congratulations, Chris and Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the homemade Valentine. Also seriously soooo romantic getting married and not telling anyone. I SO get it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Stephanie! Love all the heart art, too. Still haven't seen a pic of that baby belly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pat!!! Check my last post, the baby bump is there;) By the way, saw Kelly at Black Sheep Cafe- That place is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete