Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Christmas post...

JP Hand Straight sample
(sorry for the cheesy title..but seriously, it is.)

Every year my mom hosts her annual cookie party exchange where guests bring 3 dozen cookies and leave with 3 dozen different amazing Christmas cookies. I look forward to it every year- just wouldn't seem like Christmas without it. This year she said she was retiring. 
 Not to worry, Pat Stika, a dear family friend took it under her wing, and as with everything she does, it was magical and amazing as ever. 

 Below: My mom and Pat- aka: magic makers


On another note:
Finally the Cirac fam got festive. I was holding back on decorating for Christmas until we got our wood floors put in, but sometimes things don't have to be perfect, and holiday magic can only be put off for so long. So this year we will be celebrating Christmas on worn out carpet, and patched up walls- fine by me.

Our house is not the only thing that isn't perfect this time around. On our outing to pick our usual Charlie Brown inspired tree, I spotted a scruffy looking little guy at the very edge of the lot. It looked so sad there by itself. the employee at the tree lot told us that they all made jokes about the possibility of anyone ever buying it- branches shooting out in every direction, limbs hacked off all the way down the trunk. Pretty sure my heart grew like 10 sizes in that moment- couldn't bear the thought of leaving it. And that was how we ended up with the cheapest tree in the lot. 

 Below: Tree shopping before we found our little stray

 Amelia (nicknamed "Mona Lisa" by my grandma for consistent half smile) hangin out while we decorate the tree:

 Picked up these amazing stockings while traveling in Turkey awhile back. They were worth all the extra room they took up in my miniscule backpack. Dedicated to Brad, Chris and Camille, who thought I was crazy. I should have bought more:


Finished product!  This tree took THREE separate trips to the store at 2am to complete. Apparently scrawny trees take a LOT of lights. At that point, we were on a mission, no one could have stopped us from finishing this thing. Dedicated to the guy at the tree lot: Booyah.
Notice that black wire in the background? The Comcast technician thought that would be the best place to install the connection in our house. SERIOUSLY?





And then this Cat came to visit:


 MERRY CHRISTMAS!


1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you wouldn't post pictures of the cookie exchange so I didn't hate myself for not being there, but also secretly hoping you did so I could live vicariously through your pictures! At least I got the cookies! As always love, love, love. Embrace life's imperfections, it will bring you the greatest joy. You will never remember what your house looked like on that Christmas, just how it felt to be enjoying your first Christmas with Chris and Amelia!

    ReplyDelete