Saturday, October 16, 2010

JP Hand Straight sampleRight now I am in love with the work of an artist named Brian Kershisnik. I love the expression, movement, and color in his paintings and most of all the subtle things he paints about. I was in Brown Stone Gallery the other day, where I am getting a painting, done by my good friend Dallas framed (check her out HERE she is amazing!) and I saw a painting by him called "Dancing on a Very Small Island"
                                                   (This small picture doesn't do it justice)
I instantly knew that I HAD TO HAVE this picture in my house- I just love it so much and to my luck, they even have layaway set up- which I figured would make the whole idea much more appealing to Chris. Lastly I brought Chris in to get his approval, and so you don't get the wrong idea about him- I'm going to preface this next part by saying that Chris is very art savvy- and much more creative than I am. 


First thing he said: "The guy on the far right looks like something out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre". 


After that remark, I decided it was time to leave the gallery.




(SIGH) I just haven't been able to look at it the same way since.


Setting my sights on some of his other amazing work, Enjoy:













2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! I only looked at your pics.......I didn't read it. Thank you for referring my blog! Your too sweet! I love our friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stephanie..
    Brian is a dear old friend of ours and I, too are smitten by his work. Ken and I have an open invitation to go to down to Kanosh and visit his work place if you would like to go, I could probably make that happen. He is only there a few days a week, so we would have to set it up in advance.

    ReplyDelete