Friday, October 15, 2010

JP Hand Straight sampleThere is no better way to bring on Halloween than with the Danse Macabre by St. Saens. Danse Macabre basically means the "Dance of Death" or to dance with the dead. The song is about the one night the dead are allowed to come out and dance in the darkness among the graves and the music is marvelous. I actually first heard this piece when I was tutoring first graders a couple years ago. Their music instructor roughly choreographed a little dance for them which demonstrated the interpretation of the piece perfectly and if you listen closely, you can hear the skeletons and then the ghosts and lastly the beckon at dawn for the sleep awaiting them in the graveyard. 


Basically, you're going to need to plug this in to your speakers and blast it for the full effect.
Happy Halloween!




1 comment:

  1. Stephanie! I love you even more. I cant tell you how much I love this song let alone St. Saens. He is one of my favorites! We need to catch up soon. Please!!!

    ReplyDelete