Saturday, October 2, 2010

JP Hand Straight sample
When I was little, I used to build little sanctuaries in the bushes for fairies and elves. I went into great detail, structuring the homes with twigs and string, and then, filling in the holes with mud, which was very clay like where we lived. The roofs were moss, and if it was a good home, I would try to make a little stone walk way for the entry. I remember trying really hard to think of what a fairy or elf might want to eat, and left welcoming gifts like berries and really small morsels of random foods inside the little houses. At recess, I even did this on the school ground, if I could find a special spot where elves and fairies might want to live (the sprinklers ruined this plan). My mom, who since I can remember, would collect moss, and bird eggs, four leaf clovers, and even planted a little fairy ring in the middle of our lawn one year, was pretty much the only who thought it was cool (besides small rodents and birds). She even loves to find random mushrooms growing in the lawn, or anywhere. Cirac doesn't mind my fairy seeking habits, he even puts up with my little orange garden gnome (love him). Luckily he has the greenest of thumbs and can build ANYTHING so we can live in a magical little place like this- someday.....











No comments:

Post a Comment