Monday, June 27, 2011

JP Hand Straight sample
My new mission in life is to be able to sustain myself fully on a garden someday, and I have become pretty set on it- so Chris (gem that he is) built these two AMAZING garden boxes for our backyard a few months back to practice with. Considering I really know nothing about gardening (except how to grow jalapenos, which require little if any maintenance) the task at hand will most likely be a long one BUT so far we have succeeded in growing lettuce, beets, shallots, and radishes from seed- woot! woot!

 The rest, we started with partially grown plants, which I KNOWWWW is cheating, but I still feel pretty cool ok?

Things I have learned:
- Strawberries are a big disappointment
- Mint will overtake your garden if you don't watch out
- Lettuce is surprisingly cake to grow
- Radishes from the garden taste different than from the store- and I can't tell if it's good or bad?

*I am beginning to feel like the more I learn, the less I know? 



 First Bell Pepper!
 Beet leaves
 Jalapenos

  Don't judge me.
 Scoundrel


 Sneak Attack

 Chain link fences and orange extension cords make classy backgrounds? 
 This is what Chris looks like when he talks to Molly


mixed with a little 8th mile vibe.




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE everything about this blog! From your hair, to the golden gnome, to the turq chairs to the red bbqer. I adore you guys!! Thanks for being there for me today.

    ReplyDelete