Monday, September 10, 2012

The last weeks of Summer


My attempt to catch up our last 3 weeks of Summer, Here goes:


Chris and I went to Sundance to see 7 Brides for 7 Brothers about 3 weeks ago. We shipped little Amelia bug off to my mom's house and and had an AMAZING time.


 Sundance is so magical. Especially at night. After the play was over, we hiked up to our car on a lit pathway that traverses through all the ski runs we ski every year. Magic.

 It was also nice to feel like I burned off a few hundred of the 1,000 calories in the 7 layer bar that I had.




 My handsome man.


 2 weeks ago we had a family Sunday dinner at my fam's house. It was a last minute thing, so of course we had (drum roll)....mexican food. Mexican food is all we EVER have at the Boyer house, but that's because we are  Cholo wannabe's. (Also because my mom is a master mexican food chef). I honestly don't know what I would even eat if there was no such thing as mexican food. (Thank you Hansen family).

Amelia's best bud Arch (to the right) and his Daddio. Arch is a month younger than her, but already surpassing her in a lot of ways, aka: he is HUGE! 

Whoops!





 This (to the right) is my Granpa Hansen. Little Emma calls him "The farmer" because one time he let her gather some eggs from his chicken coop. I call him a farmer because he rides a big "John Deer" tractor, and lives on a beautiful piece of land in the middle of nowhere. Except I'm pretty sure he doesn't grow any crops, or own any cattle.
We visited farmer John a few weeks back, and went on a hunt to find 3 little kittens among a vast amount of wild brush on his property. Sadly, we only found one little kitten, but we had a whole lot of fun doing it.
Later that evening, Farmer John took us to his wards annual "Hoe Down". That was a blast, minus the fact that Amelia burst into tears everytime she heard a gunshot.





 Above: My Aunt Jeanine (on the left) and my Mama (on the right) Below: Amelia and cousin Camille

Lastly: Guess who??? This is Amelia's Daddio when he was a babe. if this  doesn't look like Amelia than I don't know who does! Daddy's girl all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment